"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
~Edwin Denby



Sunday, January 16, 2011

Anyone's life truly lived consists of work, sunshine, exercise, soap, plenty of fresh air and a happy contented spirit. ~Lillie Langtry

 Ok gals (and guys), I'm not one for New Years' Resolutions. Seems to me like every has the same one and they all end up with the same results. The resolutions always seem to have come and gone by the 2nd week of the year.

But, I thought why not this year? Let's go for it! Let's make a resolution this year! I made a quick decision days before the New Year, my 2011 Resolution would be to take one  Zumba class this year. Easy, you say! And it was, there is a class twice a week just miles from our house. AND I'd been wanting to try it for months. BUT the catch was, I couldn't get anyone to go with me. This being the reason I hadn't been to one yet. Everyone had work schedules and kids to contend with or just simply lived too far away.

So the 1st wednesday of 2011 I put on my Big Girl Panties and off I went to my 1st Zumba class all by myself. Not only did I not die, or melt, or become totally humiliated by being there by myself BUT I had fun!! So much fun that I am now a member of the class and even purchased my very own punch card and hand weights for the class. Now to just pray that I don't injure myself while trying to learn these crazy dance moves while using hand weights.

I can now officially say that I have experienced my 1st zumba class and carried out my 2011 resolution. Which I can also say did put me in the class of "the resolutions always seem to have come and gone by the 2nd week of the year."  :)

I highly recommend joing a zumba class! I absolutely love mine!!! It's been a great way to work out, get back in shape and meet new friends!!!!

Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional and mental state. ~Carol Welch

1 comment:

  1. Everyone should learn from you! Make simple, easy resolutions that you can keep. Funny for the day: I have a friend on FB who posted that her New Year's Resolution was "to break everyone else's resolutions!" Her point was everyone making the same old, same old promises. Anyway, kudos to you for stepping out of your comfort zone...and liking it!

    ReplyDelete