"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
~Edwin Denby



Friday, January 14, 2011

Inspiration~

Defined by Webster as: Divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation; the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions; the act of influencing or suggesting opinions.

I strongly believe that inspirations can come from anywhere and at any point in one’s life. My point is: inspiration changes as one grows. My inspirations as a child, teenager, adolescent, and as I entered adulthood were completely different than they are now. As a newly married, completely in love with my husband, adult my inspirations seem to consume my heart, body and soul.

These inspirations come in all forms, such as a: song, new movie, old movie, picture,  conversation with a friend, book, magazine article just about anything you could come into contact with.

Now my question to YOU is……Do you see the inspiration when it’s there? And if you do, what do you do with it?

Do you start a new hobby? Do you take that class you’ve been wanting to take? Do you apply for that new job? Do you make a new friend? Do you try something you've always wanted to?

I believe inspiration is there to subtly remind us to not be complacent in our lives. It's so easy to just continue doing what you're doing, to not ever try anything new. But, what's wrong with trying? What's wrong with new?

Put on your big girl panties and step out of your comfort zone! Just so you don’t think I’m blowing smoke and talking jibberish, I recently tried on my big girl panties and guess what!!?? I couldn’t be happier that I did….BUT that’s for a different day J

I’m issuing a challenge to each of you now. See the inspiration that comes with each new day, with every song that you hear, with everything you read, with every movie you watch, with every conversation that you hear….…….now take hold of it and DO something with it! You just might surprise yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment