"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
~Edwin Denby



Thursday, January 13, 2011

.............CrAyOnS

Such an awesome invention! I mean, who doesn't like to color?!?! Crayons, markers, colored pencils, side-walk chalk it's all fun. And such a creative way to express yourself.

I found a quote the other day (I love looking up quotes!):
    ~If you want an interesting party sometime, combine cocktails and a fresh box of crayons for everyone.  ~Robert Fulghum















This sent me thinking........................... (yes husband, i was thinking)...............and I came up with two questions.

#1- When was the last time I colored? Most everyone would answer "with the kids". Well,I don't have kids but I do know plenty of them so this could be my answer BUT the most truthful answer I could think of was Christmas about 3 years ago. Now, I don't say "Christmas" like I sat around with my cousins kids coloring. I mean, my Dad informed me in order to get Christmas from him I (my siblings were included too) had to write Santa a letter. Okay so now your thinking, I asked for crayons.

WRONG....although I should have the previous Christmas or my birthday or somewhere along my journey into adulthood but it's simpler than that. He told me the letter had to be written in crayon. NOT colored pencil or markers (I already owned both) but crayon.

So.................................now I am an adult woman, with no kids, no coloring books but by golly I do have my very own set of 8 crayons!

#2- Girls, when are we having our next party? I've already got the crayons!!!!!!!


but.......I'm out of cocktails :)

***Note to self (and you that are reading)- This chick loves hosting parties!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment