"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
~Edwin Denby



Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh what to wear, what to wear........

Ooohhhh....la...la...my husband and I were given the privilege of attending he Governors Inaugural Ball last nite (also the reason all you got was a quote last nite). l'll admit to you now, not real savvy on the political correctness of the political world yet but I'm learnin'!!

So we had the typical guy-girl conversation about the event which of course was basically....... me fretting over just what exactly I was to wear to an event of such. Back and forth we went on what was appropriate, not appropriate, formal, not formal, guys wear, ladies wear, etc.

Oh, and did I mention this was all short notice to us both AND we had 6 inches of snow on the ground?!?!?

It was finally settled...... 2 1/2 hrs before the event. Slacks and black sweater it was....and did I mention we were going to the Goverors Inaugural ball? In my mind, thinking ball-formal, slacks-not formal....but away I went anyway.....

So, as not to leave you in wonderment yes I was underdressed......BUT had I known my wedding dress would be appropriate there would have been no guy-girl discussion, fretting over what to wear AND there would have been 2 wedding dresses for those attending the Inaugural Ball to gawk at.

I'm left wondering........
     underdressed or wedding dress? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment