"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
~Edwin Denby



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

**Strong Women**

We are getting ready to celebrate my Great Grandma's 93rd birthday! She is a truly amazing woman!!! 93- and still going strong. She's spirited, sassy, funny, independent and the sweetest woman ever (oh and loves to flirt with my husband) So, this is going out to tell this special woman HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I feel so blessed, encouraged, thrilled and proud to say that I come from a family of very strong, sassy, spirited, independent women on both sides of my family! Each generation has helped shape the next generation. Whether they know it or not every woman has contributed her own part in some way.

I have:

Grandma's who are independent and love to share their life experiences. Hoping that each generation after them will take some of it with them as they move into a life that is so very different from what they knew as children, and young adults.

A momma who loves her children beyond this world, who has taught me so much in being independent, thinking for yourself, and doing what is right! She is an inspiration to all mothers, daughters, and friends everywhere!!

A sister who is my motivation, inspiration and a workaholic! Oh and did I mention is full of spirit, energy,and a big dose of attitude BUT I wouldn't trade her for anything in this world!

Cousins who show me every day what it is to live life to it's fullest! Not to take anything for granted and that you can get through anything.

Aunts who are crazy, fun, would do anything for me and are great listeners. I think they sometimes keep the rest of us in line!

Friends who might as well be family! They are there when I need them to laugh with me, cry with me, give a hug when needed, or buy me a beer.

I am surrounded my all types of amazing women in my life! So to each of you amazing, independent, strong, sassy, spririted women I know, Thank you!! Know you mean something to me and many other women around you!!

 I love you all!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment