"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
~Edwin Denby



Sunday, February 23, 2014

Primo Nato

Primo Nato- Italian for 'first born'.

I can't begin to tell y'all just what this means to us here at McClung Cattle Co. It means the start of our future, our family legacy, our dream, our foundation. It also has meaning that stretches beyond our cattle, beyond us, to those that came before us. Those that are no longer with us but that left their own legacy, those whose legacy influences us everyday and who are helping us in ways we here on earth can't even begin to fathom.

My mother-in-law's family was Italian. Their love of family and family legacy is something that was passed onto my husband. This love as among all Italians is a strong bond and one my husband still feels from his Mama everyday. Her love for her son, my husband, along with his dreams and aspirations is why I have chosen to nickname our first calf this year Primo Nato.

I personally couldn't think of any better way to describe this little calf. It represents and reminds us both of those things in our life we have been so abundantly blessed with: family, dreams, hard-work, love from those in Heaven and most importantly this life together that we are building.

So with no further ado, I formally introduce you to Primo Nato........................


 



I should probably tell you that Primo's Mama is VERY protective... Yes, she is a good mama.... She won't let us get too close at this point and the bottom picture is an accurate reflection of what happens when I go out into the pasture with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment