"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
~Edwin Denby



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

.......girls.........

Girls weekend = success!!!

The hubbies were out of town so us girls (cattlemen's women) had to find something productive to do with our time. As you all know I had plans for a girls night....Well due to the horrible weather the whole entire country is experiencing and other issues...we had a girls weekend (yes I said weekend)..starting friday night about 5...ending sunday morning around 5 (that's really just when the boys got home)......

No boys were allowed.....except for my favorite little guy......he got to hang with us.....so it was chick flicks, desserts, tacos, homemade sangria wine (Thanks Pioneer Woman!), homemade pizza, and Baby Einstein................

Ok, so I'm pretty sure I cleaned my kitchen before the weekend started, and I'm pretty sure we cleaned it more than once throughout the weekend... BUT what's my husbands one comment......."what'd y'all do this weekend? Looks like you just partied all weekend..."

Okay so I guess we didn't finish cleaning the kitchen before the hubby got home..but hey...what can I say....He did get to partake in homemade pizza, no bake cookies and ice cream cone cupcakes with rainbow chip icing........


Did I mention I got to use our new crystal piece?!?!?!?!?!?
Isn't it gorgeous!!!????





So I would say without a doubt that the weekend was a success and sooooo very very relaxing.....guess I'll see if there's any of that cake left in the fridge now.......couldn't let it go to waste now could we..????

p.s. does anyone know how long alcohol soaked fruit will stay good for??!!! I think that's about all I have left from the Sangria :)

p.s.s. maybe I'll try chocolate cake topped with fruit....a healthy addition to a not so healthy dessert.....

p.s.s.s. Added bonus- they say wine is good for your heart.......the fruit was soaked in wine.....







1 comment:

  1. That...was the BEST weekend! I'm glad I was snowed in with you. And we might now have finished the fruit, but we did our part drinking the wine. And don't forget the beauty salon visit, too! :)

    ReplyDelete