"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
~Edwin Denby



Monday, April 18, 2011

Danger in the bathroom..............

I am not much of a morning person...I'll admit it...I don't like to get up and I don't like to be messed with in the mornings..... Since also means that most mornings I am running LATE!!!!My husband tells me it sounds like I'm constantly running through the house. I try to explain that I am just walking fast and my footsteps are heavy...hmmmmmm...maybe I should try running...then I could get a workout in at the same time...I'm gonna have to give that a little more thought :)

So this morning I'm rushing around and get to the part of my daily routine where I fight with my blowdryer... Until this morning I thought I was fighting with the electrical outlet....where I also have a small fan plugged in and normally running...so the process begins as usual....turn on fan- plug in blow dryer- try to turn on blow-dryer- have to hit red test button (or whatever it is) on blowdryer plug in.... blow dryer turns on....then turns off...so the blow dryer and I have this vicious cycle going..finally I think I've got it beat and start blow drying my hair...

WooHoo I'd won....gonna be a great monday..............until............the blowdryer makes a random weird noise and I see sparks (via the mirror) shoot across the cabinet into the sink and my hand towel....what do I do....I yell...I yell profanities...because the only thing I could think of was "is my hair on fire?" "is the towel gonna catch on fire?"........ and of course my yelling of profanities wakes up my husband and I proceed to tell him my blowdryer was shooting sparks...real sparks!!!

My husbands response....yeah I think that things' been going out for a while..........

Thank goodness I kept my old blowdryer...Never know when you're gonna need an extra one!!!!

p.s. I'm also glad to know it's not the electrical outlet that I was fighting.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment