"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
~Edwin Denby



Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cypress Knees..........hmmmmm........

I wanted to share some more quotes with you guys today since it's been a while since I've posted any. BUT..... before I do, I want to share a few pictures first. I forgot to post these with my pictures from our Dixie trip. I'm not sure how I forgot seeing as how these are probably my favorite ones.....



For those of you who don't know, these are Cypress Trees and the divided/separated portions just above the water line are called Cypress Knees. I have to admit---- I LOVE cypress kness! II was so amazed when I 1st saw these things. We have cypress where I live but you can't really see the knees on them. So when we travel south, to Dixie, the Delta, the swamps- whatever you wanna call it- I am blessed to get to see these amazing knees!! (yes, I'm kinda weird and probably the only person who thinks these things are cool)...

I think they are so amazing although I'm not quite sure why yet. I think it's because they are so unqiue. AND I'm weird like that....Anyhow, I made the hubby pull over on our way home so I could get some pictures of them and wanted to share. Hope you enjoy them! It's the simple things that entertain me! :)

So, now back to the quotes.....

"It takes about five years for a walnut tree to produce nuts, but this is not true of a family tree"

"My father never raised his hand to any one of his children-except in self-defense" - Fred Allen

"Adults are just children who earn money"- Kenneth Branagh

"Most of the men sitting in first class on an airplane have really boring jobs" - Rita Rudner

"Downsizing means you're about to become the guest of honor at a going-away party."

"I don't like the fact that doctors are referred to as practicing" - Janet Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment