"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
~Edwin Denby



Wednesday, February 2, 2011

......{Pistola's historia}........

As you guessed I'm finally getting around to telling you a little more about my beloved Pistol. Of all our critters he is the most well mannered and low maintenance of them all!! Although I think he does out eat everything on our place.


(This picture makes the poor little guy look cross-eyed!)






                       













Pistola's historia (Pistol's story for those of you non-spanish speaking readers)....ok so I don't speak spanish either, even after 4 years of spanish class.......but hey, we got the internet and it will translate for you!!!

Pistol's about 4 (we think) and we adopted him 2 years ago. My husband had just moved to Oklahoma (to be closer to me) and we had this big nice barn and well I thought we needed a barn cat... :)     Remember, neither of us are cat people BUT still a barn isn't complete without a barn cat. Right? RIGHT!!! So I showed up to work on Saturday after having moved the last couple days of the week and the girls said "we have the perfect cat for you". "He's orange, his names Pistol Pete, he's neutered and still has his claws."

I was sold instantly!!!! Mind you, I haven't seen or met the cat yet! I called the couple that had this beloved orange cat and arranged to pick him up after work. Of course, this was after so nicely and sweetly asking my loved one if we could have him......After my selling line (the one that sold me) "He's orange, his names Pistol Pete, he's neutered and still has his claws", he was hooked too.....or rather, just didn't want to tell me no.. BUT anyhow we were going to own a cat! And a barn cat at that!!!!

My beloved feline friend wasn't sure of me at first. I found him at his current residence curled up on a huge king size (adult) bed in a bedroom all by himself! What a life!!! THEN I uprooted him and put him in a pet carrier and transplanted him to the country!! The transition wasn't too long or too bad (although I did have my own stress melt down once) (that's a whole story in itself)....

 BUT, within days Pistol was right at home and loving the country life.


After spending the last two years with this cat we've learned a little about him ourselves...

He acts like a dog........

He likes to do chores with me.......

He's a mouser, red bird hunter and snake watcher.... The cat is fond of snakes....I found this out the hard way (yet again another story, which may never be told)..................................

He's fat...................................

He looks like garfield.................................

He's a wanderer.................

He purrs very, very, very loudly......................................

He doesn't like to be in the house long........................

He loves to eat....................

He loves me.......................
He loves my husband too..........................

He does NOT love our Australian Shepherds............................

After writing this, I've learned that this darn cat has lots of stories!!!!! But I love him all the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment