"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."
~Edwin Denby



Tuesday, August 2, 2011

crafty, crafty

The creative juices are flowing today! Well....maybe....I've been trying to write this blog post for about half an hour and I'm not getting too far. SO........in honor of the fact that:
1. I completed an actual craft project this evening
2. I can't get my brain to function well enough to write

I'm going to keep this post simple....if I can do simple.. :)

First off, I want you to check out one of my favorite blogs: The Lettered Cottage.  Layla blogged today about Pinterest and a craft project she took on in honor of their Craft Challenge. Layla's craft project was inspired by  Brooke's post over at www.pureandnoble.blogspot.com

Well I've been in need of something not too tall, cute, and bright yellow for the windowsill above our kitchen sink.......and well......I saw Layla's blog today and BAM!!!!!!!!!!!! My not too tall, cute and bright yellow something was forming in my imagination....Now, if you checked out the above blogs you already know where I'm going with this...BUT since most of you probably didn't, let me share with you my craft project from this evening.....

Supplies needed: hot glue gun, jars, primer, spray paint

I started with this: (if you look close enough, you can see that the hot glue gun was already used on some of the jars)

Next came the primer


Then the paint (followed by a coat of clear gloss) and you have the final product!!!!!!!


 My hot glue gun skills could use
some work but the end product doesn't look too shabby......

Here's  a sneak peek at the windowsill now........

 

Let me know what you think...OR fun projects you've been doing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment